Saifee Durbar believes that one of the biggest responsibilities that the wealthy people of the world have is to give back to those less fortunate. For over 20 years of his life now, Saifee Durbar has been working with the people of Africa in various ways in order to improve their lives.
He is the founder and CEO of Bridge Africa Counselage, which helps to bridge investors together with businesses in Africa. In addition to that, Saifee Durbar is the founder of Kutamani Foundation, an organization that helps to bring education tools to the rural areas of Africa that are sustainable, durable, and, most importantly, free.
Below, Saifee Durbar would like to give a few tips on how to start a charity of your own.
- Focus your efforts. Saifee Durbar says that there are so many different groups of people in your own country and around the world that are in need of help. If you are considering launching a charity, it is vital to choose a group of people in order to focus your efforts. Saifee Durbar says that the first step launching a charity is to choose the right cause for you.
- Be mindful of the “red tape.” Saifee Durbar says, as with anything else, you are going to have some red tape to worry about. Make sure you set yourself up as a non-profit group and that you do your homework in regards to taxes or anything else you may be financially responsible for.
- Prepare a business plan. Saifee Durbar says that starting a charity is a lot like starting a business. Just like any business, it is important to start with some kind of a business plan. Saifee Durbar says that this will be used as a blueprint that will guide your charity towards its goals and eventual success.
- Get online and get “social.” Saifee Durbar says that in the 21st century, you should have a website in order to act as the public face of your organization. This is where people will be able to learn about and support your charitable efforts. Saifee Durbar says that it is also important to create profile pages on the various social networks to reach out and interact with others.
- Work with larger charities. Saifee Durbar says that it will be beneficial to work with larger charities in order to accomplish some of your goals. Use their resources to propel your efforts and help even more people in need.