Have you recently considered selling your home, but don’t know where to begin? Residents choose to sell their homes for many reasons. Whether you’re looking to relocate or simply need a different living space, preparing to sell your home is a process unto itself. Olga Ibeth Angstadt, one of the Palm Beach area’s most trusted real estate agents, has helped many clients successfully sell their homes and receive maximum value. Here, Olga Ibeth Angstadt shares her top tips for preparing your home to be sold.
- Make repairs and upgrades. Although you may not realize it, making repairs and upgrades prior to the sale of your home will help increase its value and result in the ability to sell your home for its true worth, according to Olga Ibeth Angstadt. By making necessary repairs and simple upgrades, your home will be more appealing to prospective buyers.
- Remove clutter. Prior to holding your first open house, Olga Ibeth Angstadt recommends removing clutter inside and outside of your home. As Olga Ibeth Angstadt explains, “Prospective buyers need to be able to see a property and view themselves living in it. For this reason, the entire space needs to provide a welcoming atmosphere.”
- Depersonalize the space. Along the same lines, Olga Ibeth Angstadt recommends removing sentimental items such as photos and family heirlooms. “When a buyer walks in, they need to feel invited into a neutral space, one that they can personalize themselves,” says Olga Ibeth Angstadt.
- Pay attention to the exterior. According to Olga Ibeth Angstadt, a new coat of paint and freshly trimmed lawn can go a long way when trying to sell a home. As Olga Ibeth Angstadt points out, “The goal is to make your property appealing to anyone able to see your home from a distance. In the real estate industry, we call this adding ‘curb appeal’ to your home.”
- Revamp your design theme. When preparing your home to be sold, revamping your home’s interior design can help attract interested buyers, according to Olga Ibeth Angstadt. “Adding a classic or modern touch creates an inviting space for buyers,” says Olga Ibeth Angstadt.
Olga Ibeth Angstadt reminds residents that selling a home can be a complicated process without proper guidance and assistance. In addition to the above tips, Olga Ibeth Angstadt recommends hiring an experienced and knowledgeable real estate agent who is able to guide you through the entire process.