Carrying liquids over long distances can be a heck of a job. There can be several complications involved in the task. The traditional method of carrying liquids in metal or plastic containers has had a lot of issues in the past. This has brought to surface the corrugated disposable liquid tote containers. These are disposable bag in the box containers. There are a lot of benefits of using these containers. But before that, it is good to have a look at the issues that arise with metal and plastic containers.
Disadvantages of Metal and Plastic Containers
Metal containers or plastic containers for that matter have long been used as the mode of carrying liquids. However, here have been a host of disadvantages of carrying liquids over long distances in containers made of metal or plastic. Here is a list of the most significant of these.
• The first thing that should hurt in hiring metal containers is the cost. Since the cost of metal is generally more than the cost of other materials, the rentals tend to overcharge every time the client hires these containers.
• Plastic containers on the other hand are less expensive than the metal containers. But the strength of the container cannot be guaranteed. In case there is a leak in the container, not only all the precious liquid will be lost, but the client might also be accused of mishandling the container and charged additionally.
• Metal containers are not always safe for the liquid inside. Metals have their own set of chemical properties and can very easily react with the liquid. Several cases of food poisoning have been reported in the past due to the metal reacting with the liquid.
• It becomes another great concern if the metal tends to rust after reacting with the liquid inside the container.
• The use of plastic containers is also discouraged due to the adverse impact that plastic can have on the environment.
While these were the disadvantages of renting metal and plastic containers, there are a host of benefits of the corrugated disposable liquid tote containers. Here are a few.
• The cost of filling and handling gets considerably reduced by choosing disposable bag in the box containers. Generally, the filling cost is a lot higher for metal and plastic containers.
• Unlike the metal drums, these containers are not subject to any reconditioning for sustenance.
• There is also no fear of contamination of the liquid as it often happens in metal containers.
• The filling that is required to prepare for filling is less than one minute, which is a lot lesser than the traditional methods.
• Unlike other methods of storage that require assembling before use, these containers come fully assembled.
• The corrugated disposable liquid tote containers are completely eco friendly and do not cause any harm to the environment if they are disposed.
• There is also no additional cost of cleaning and maintenance of these containers.
These are some of the prime examples of the long list of benefits that the new age disposable bulk liquid containers offer.