Austin is the capital city of the state of Texas situated on the Colorado River, with a population of under a million. It has hot and humid summers and mild and dry winters. There are many venues to choose from if you are planning a wedding making it a popular destination for couples tying the knot.
Which of the Austin Wedding venues you will single out depends on the type of wedding you are having. If you want a scenic backdrop choose a resort or villa overlooking one of the three man-made lakes in Austin. You can even have your wedding in a beautiful Victorian home with the option of having an indoor or outdoor reception. Here are the 5 top Austin wedding venues:
1. Villa Antonio: This is one of the most popular and scenic Austin wedding venues. It is a Tuscan style villa with a backdrop of Lake Travis. You will love this romantic venue with its massive stone archway, winding staircases and fountains. There are options to have an outdoor or indoor wedding. The onsite coordinator will help you with the planning so leave your worries aside.
2. Allan House: If you have always dreamed of getting married in a beautiful Victorian home, then this is the place for you. There is an option of having an indoor wedding, but the outdoor arrangement is beautiful and romantic with the patio and the lights wrapped around the old oak trees. An evening reception is particularly romantic at this venue.
3. Vintage Villas: If you fancy a sunset wedding with a view of Lake Travis then you’ve found your ideal destination. You also have the option of having it indoors in the Sunset Room. You can customize your menu according to your requirements. This beautiful venue has all the facilities to make it a memorable wedding.
4. Barr Mansion: The Artisan Ballroom with its 40 feet of glass looking out into the gardens is a beautiful and romantic venue to choose for an indoor setting. This venue can accommodate large groups as well. They have a full service taking care of the cake, flower decorations and the music.
5. Terrace Club: This is also one of the top Austin wedding venues with both options of an inside reception or outside ceremony. You can choose the ballroom which has a large dance floor. Or you can opt for outside as this is also another great venue for a sunset wedding. The wedding coordinators are extremely helpful and you will have no problems planning your wedding.
There are also plenty of other Austin wedding venues to choose from and you can do your research online from the comfort of your home. There are videos and testimonials available which you can read to help you make up your mind. Of course you need to work out the number of guests you will be inviting and the budget you are prepared to spend. In the end it is the personal choice of the groom and the bride which venue they decide on.