If you live in Phoenix and have preschool going kids, you might be wondering how to develop their skills or plan fun filled weekends. Check out this list of things to do with Phoenix preschool kids and toddlers.
1. Check your local bookstores and libraries for free story time classes.
2. Take your family to see butterfly exhibits either at Butterfly Wonderland in Scottsdale or at the Spring Butterfly Exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden.
3. Go miniature golfing.
4. Go to the Phoenix Art Museum for PhxArtKids Days where your children can paint and make crafts.
5. Take your kids to indoor playgrounds like Gymboree, The Play Factory, Jambo! or AZ Air Time.
6. Got a future firefighter in tow? Go see old historic fire trucks at The Hall of Flame Fire Museum.
7. Check out the Children’s Museum of Phoenix. This magical place has tons of fun exhibits for Phoenix pre-k children, including The Climber, where children can safely climb up a towering structure that ascends all three stories of the building! They also have the Art Studio where they can create masterpieces out of all the standard art materials.
8. The Phoenix Zoo is free for children under the age of 2 and provides a whole day’s worth of fun looking at every animal under the sun, from monkeys to rhinos and beyond!
9. Enchanted Island Amusement Park is guaranteed to delight! Geared for children 1-10, the park is located right in the heart of Encanto Park and featured more than a dozen rides, a snack bar, and even pedal boats for the whole family.
10. Check out OdySea Mirror Maze located next to Butterfly Wonderland in Scottsdale. This place just opened up in December 2013 and is a great place to go on days where it’s too hot to be outside. You have to make your way through a maze of mirrors with infinite reflections, impossible corridors and mind-bending light effects. It’s an adventure for the body and mind.
11. Visit the Idea Museum (formerly the Arizona Museum for Youth) (all ages, $7/person, under 1 free)
12. Visit one of the many Splashpads in the valley when it’s time to cool off!
13. Go see the indoor aquarium, Sea Life Arizona located in Arizona Mills Mall. It will be really an amazing experience for you as well as your kids.
14. Take your kids to one of the many beautiful parks located in Phoenix. This will allow them to bind with nature.
15. For a unique park, visit McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park where kids can ride the train and go on the merry-go-round. Just ensure safety of your kid and if he is not comfortable with taking the rides, don’t force things.
16. Is your child an animal lover? Then be sure to attend one of the weekly National Geographic’s Kids Club which is hosted across many malls in Arizona. For more info, check out http://www.mallkidsclub.com/ — the best part? It’s FREE!
We hope this list of things to do with Phoenix preschool kids helps you have some fun with your little ones!