New Year celebrations are one of the most joyous moments that one spends with family and friends. New Year Eve Night is a time when a lot of people attend social gatherings and large public events. Festive treats with exquisite food and drinks to celebrate the New Year season among loved ones will bring delight and leave lasting memories. It is during this time of the New Year that many are likely to drink and drive. Study reveals that almost half of all the car accidents on New Year`s eve and New Year`s day are due to drunken driving.
So while planning for New Year celebrations which involves a lot of alcohol, it is important to stay responsible. Preventing alcohol intoxication is most important during New Year celebrations. You need to remember that safety of yours and others are important. Not following safety measures to ensure the safety of oneself and others around could put you at a higher risk of the biggest dangers. Some of the tips when followed help to avoid accidents and stay safe during the New Year celebrations.
- Healthy Alcohol Consumption – Drinking alcohol in moderate quantities and to an acceptable level is health alcohol consumption. National Health and Medical Council of Australia recommends that both men and women should not drink more than four standard drinks at a time to prevent the short term risks of consuming alcohol like trauma and accidents. One should not have more than two standard drinks on any given day to prevent long term risks of alcohol consumption. During New Year Celebrations convert your drinks into standard serving sizes.
- Think about the money and cost involved in excessive alcohol consumption and the potential risks of drinking heavily.
- Aim to drink responsibly. Drink no more than four standard drinks. Monitor your alcohol intake. Keep track of how much you are drinking all through the night.
- Eat before drinking and snack while you drink. It is important to avoid liquor on an empty stomach. Make sure to eat a full meal before drinking. This is because eating while drinking slows down the absorption of liquor in the digestive tract.
- Alternate alcohol drinks with water or have a soft drink in between.
- Avoid refilling your glass when it goes half empty.
- Have a designated driver and just do not drink and drive. Otherwise, ask someone to drop you home. Plan you ride back home if you have consumed alcohol. Book a cab or taxi to take you back home.
New Celebrations in Dubai
With another year drawing to a close, there is time for another final party to bid adieu to the old year 2017 and ring in the New Year 2018. Dubai is place of excitement unlimited and endless options for your New Year Celebrations. End of the year parties in restaurants have best decadent dinners with curated menus, fine dining brunch, lively music, theme shows, free flowing drinks, unlimited cocktails and house drinks till midnight of New Year`s Eve. You can buy alcohol in Dubai`s restaurants, licensed bars and sports clubs. Restaurants come up with food packages and beverages packages. You need an alcohol license in Dubai to drink, transport or store alcohol at home. If you are planning to host a party for the New Year, you can buy liquor in online shop in Dubai like Le Clos, an MMI store or order online. When you order online, it saves you the trouble to go and carry it home.