Travelling, sightseeing, planning or attending events is quite a bundle of fun but somehow, unfortunately, there are many people who take more fun by trying to con tourists. Suppose you are attending any New York tourism events than people living in New York will con you in their own way. It is not like this is associated with any particular country, racism, town or any continent, con artists are worldwide. It has been seen that people who are new to the destination and came without any planning and without doing homework and gathering useful information suffer more from such tourist traps. Here in this session of the article, we will discuss how to avoid such tourist traps.
First, let us know about few common and more applied tourist traps.
- Offering low prices of antique items.
- Trying to be more familiar and helpful to steel tourist’s bag.
- Offering unbelievable discounted and low prices hotels or places.
- Offering lavish deals and offers of free tours to rip off later.
- Offering contraband items and extremely low price of the products.
How to avoid such tourist traps: If you are new to any place or visited unplanned trip then you should follow these below steps.
- Your first and major task is your homework to gather more information related to the customs, languages and any upcoming events.
- Makes sure to have a city map with you with specially marked the designated place and important places like embassy, hospital etc.
- Know about the hotel price and designations seeing price or events entry price before reaching you’re the designated place.
- Keep your eye and ears open as major tourist attractions or events have cons from worldwide to fool their victim.
- Ask your hotel to arrange a guide or travelling vehicle and also avoid people who try to be friendlier to be safe.
- Always look for anyone trusted or any relative living in the particular country or town. Use the best of latest technologies to enjoy your trip.
Being new to any destination doesn’t mean to be a victim of such trappers. It is good to do your homework well and self-active mind and management will save you from these trappers. Remaining above mention points will help you. So go through the above-mentioned points and enjoy your trip or event in other countries or towns.