Summary: Explore the article to know how to use yoga to detoxify the body.
Blame the polluted environment, food, or the lifestyle we are living, one or the other thing is responsible for the accumulation of toxins in our body. Toxic or Ama accumulation in the body results in various health issues and can lead to life-threatening diseases. These toxins should be eliminated from the body at a regular interval using effective and natural methods. With the help of yoga asanas, we can detoxify our body and safeguard it from ailments, naturally so. Try these yoga asanas for effective results:
It is an easy yoga posture that detoxifies the body, boosts the immune system, and improves the functioning of the digestive system.
• Sit straight on the floor with the legs stretched out in front of you.
• Now bring the knees close to the abdomen and twist your waist and neck towards the left.
• Now place the left hand behind your back and put the palms on the floor.
• Let the right elbow resting on the knees and hold the pose for 30 seconds. Do the same on the other side.
Prasarita Padottanasana with Twist (Wide-Legged Forward Bend)
This amazing pose helps to flush the toxins out of the body and strengthens it.
• Stand straight on the floor and then move your feet about one-leg-length apart forming an inverted-V with your legs.
• Now place your hands on the hips and breathe in. Raise your hands upward over your head. Stay in the pose for a few seconds.
• Now, as you exhale to bend the torso from the hips, touch the floor with your hands.
•Stay in the pose for few seconds and repeat the same for a minute.
Utkatasana with Twist (Twist or Revolved Chair Pose)
A challenging yoga asana for body detoxification and also loaded with many other benefits.
• Stand straight on the floor and keep the feet together.
• Bend your knees and hips, keeping the back straight and form a chair-like position.
• Now twist your torso towards the left. Hands should be in a prayer position opening towards the left. Keep the right elbow on the knees for support and left hand should be hooked in the air.
• Your head should be facing upward. Hold the pose for as long as you can and repeat the same on the other side.
Supta Matsyendrasana (Reclined Spinal Twist)
The asana rejuvenates and cleanses the body and enhance its functioning.
• Lie down straight on your back on the floor and place your hands beside the body.
• Keep the legs together and slightly bend the knees. Spread your arms out at the shoulder level with the palms facing downward.
• Now twist the torso to the left and lower body to the right, keeping the legs close together.
• Hold the position and then rotate the other way. Hold and then keep on doing the rotation for a minute or two.
Eka Pada Adho Mukha Svanasana (Three-Legged Downward Dog)
This inversion is great for your body in many ways from detoxifying to improving the blood circulation, to decreasing stagnation, and much more.
• Start in the downward dog position and then press your hands strongly on the floor. Raise your right leg up in the air.
• Keep the body straight and lengthen the entire body. Now hold the position for 30 seconds. Release and come back to the starting point and do the same with the left leg.
Salabhasana (Locust Pose)
The pose is an easy pose that cleanses the body and forms a great body balance.
• Lie straight on your stomach on the floor and keep the hands beside the body.
• Now slowly raise your chest, shoulders, and head above the floor.
• Then raise your legs and thighs. Put the body weight on the abdomen, keep the hands straight beside the body in the air. Balance the body and hold the pose for 30 seconds.
Toxins are harmful, but these asanas are a great way to eliminate those out of the body. Yoga helps to cleanse and detoxify the body and promotes healthy functioning of the body.