People in good percentage from around the world are choosing yoga teacher training courses; many of them are graduating every year. It won’t be harsh to say that there are plenty of yoga teachers but very few are skilled yoga teachers. It isn’t easy to identify a skilled yoga teacher after all they have gone through the same training. But, there are certain qualities that only a skilled yoga teacher possesses. Obviously, the first important thing is training.
If you are aspiring to be a yoga teacher, try to enrol for yoga courses in Nepal. Since Nepal is considered as a land of yogis which offers the purest, authentic and genuine form of yoga. If you think that just getting the right training is enough; it is not. That is what separates a skilled yoga teacher from others. Let us help you in highlighting the qualities of a skilled yoga teacher that will help you be one.
- Demeanor energizes the room: When a skilled yoga teacher will enter the room, his/her demeanor will energize the room. You will feel the positivity of the teacher spreading into the room which will allure you to practice yoga. It doesn’t matter if this is the first class or last, it will be welcoming and beneficial. This will deepen your intention of practicing yoga.
- Dazed strength: It isn’t necessary for a yoga teacher to be physically skilled at every yoga pose. Since the students look up to their teacher for guidance, it is much appreciated when a skilled yoga teacher practices tough exercises and makes them look easier for the students to perform. The unbelievable strength will motivate students to the core.
- Versatility and specialization: Of course, your skilled yoga teacher will be versatile in performing all the styles of yoga in spite of having specialization in a specific one. This is the best quality of a skilled yoga teacher; they learn themselves in order to teach others irrespective of their specialization. They believe in continuous learning and that’s what keeps them going.
- Modifications to work the room: If you are falling out of a pose or facing trouble while performing it. A skilled yoga teacher without disturbing the work of others would come up to you and will help you to catch up. He may modify the pose as per your body’s requirement so that you don’t end up hurting yourself.
- Accommodating nature: It is important for a skilled yoga teacher to make a connection with each student in the class. If you being a skilled teacher will not know the body needs of your students how you will be able to help them. Besides, an accommodating nature is welcoming and pacifying for the students. It makes the class more fun when you get to know each other well.
- Rejoices each session: Even though a skilled teacher has given a good number of sessions, they are never bored or tired of it. A yoga teacher will rejoice each session which can be seen on the face and can be felt in their reflecting energy. Moreover, they will make sure that students enjoy it as much as they do and may add a few activities to revive the class.
- Sober-minded: A skilled yoga teacher will not think of him/her as an authority. Rather, the teacher will be sober-minded, will give importance to teaching. The teacher won’t be focused on showing off what his/her strengths or specializations. If there may be any other professional yogi in the class, would pay attention to their opinion too.
If you have thought of being a yoga teacher or is already a teacher then, be a skilled one; follow the tips mentioned above and you will start seeing the results in your sessions.
If you think it isn’t possible for you to enrol for a regular yoga course because of your hectic schedule; you may practice yoga at home. But then, go on a yoga retreat in Nepal, India, Thailand etc. A yoga retreat will help you connect and deepen your yoga training.
Devendra kumar is a Yogi,Traveler and a Yoga Teacher in India.He provides yoga teacher training classes in Gurgaon.His strong connection with yoga has made him to organize Daily Yoga Classes, Corporate Yoga Classes,Yoga Retreats and Yoga Workshops in Gurgaon.