Learn about the five strategies that will not only make you a good teacher but also the best among many others.
A yoga teacher or instructor is someone who has gone through comprehensive and specialized training in the past and teaches yoga exercises. It is generally said that whatever your healthy mind inherits is passed on to others when you communicate with them. The motto of a yoga instructor or a teacher is similar to this; they pass on what they inherit during their training for the growth of each individual. If you have been practicing yoga for long and now planning to be a yoga instructor or teacher then, you are on the right page. Over a prolonged comprehensive training anyone can be a certified yoga teacher but we want nothing but the best; why become just a yoga teacher and not be the best? In this article, we will be emphasizing on strategies that you can grasp to become the best yoga teacher or instructor.
- Always be in learning mode: Now that you are a yoga teacher and hold a certification for it, doesn’t mean that you know everything. Always keep in mind that learning yoga is a continuous as well as an evolving process and you need to evolve yourself with it; do not lag behind. Be open to new ways of learning yoga; attend more workshops, seminars and the most importantly, never ever leave your practice. Being in practice makes you approachable as a teacher and you are able to connect with your students too
- Do not hesitate to ask for mentorship opportunities: We have different yoga teachers but then, there are few with whom we are able to connect instantly; probably because of their words or their style. If you have a yoga teacher or instructor that you like to follow, do not hesitate to ask for the mentorship programme from them. In a mentorship opportunity, the teacher you admire or follow, mentors you for a certain period of time. This mentorship will allow you to learn more closely from your teacher while getting feedback from them as to how you can improve or learn new ways
- Keep note of what you learn: It is crucial that you must keep a note of what did you learn, how you felt before or after the sessions, cues for new poses, words used by your instructor to reflect etc. We know your memory has improved while practicing yoga but these tips will help when you will be the instructor. These small things bring better output that you may notice eventually. Moreover, writing about what you did, learned and tried something different will make you feel positive about you and your teaching methodology
- Look for why instead of what you are practicing: It is appreciated if you know the names of various exercises or yoga postures that you are practicing. You may know a number of poses but what you must also know is why this pose is used. Many yoga instructors or teachers choose precise moves or poses for their session that you may enjoy but, it is equally important that you must know why are you doing that precise move or how is it an aid to the body. No, by asking questions you are not questioning your instructors teaching; any respectable yoga instructor would appreciate that you are taking interest and would briefly guide you to your answers. Try to look beyond what lies underneath the pose you are practicing; this will be reflected when you will be teaching
- Have knowledge of your students: Since you are going to be a yoga teacher or instructor the first and foremost thing that you must follow is to have knowledge of your students. By having knowledge we do not mean just their name but also their behaviour, body and body language. They may hesitate to walk up and talk to you instead take the first step and approach them. The more connected you are with your students the more you will be able to impart the knowledge of yoga in them as per what their body needs and they will be thankful to you for this
In order to be a yoga teacher or a yoga instructor, we would suggest you go to Rishikesh. Yoga teacher training is influenced by a professional and experienced yoga teacher in Rishikesh that offers programmes six days per week. Yoga teacher in Rishikesh is connected with the foundation and the ancient methodology of yoga. A yoga instructor in Rishikesh undergoes the various level of training which makes them well equipped with necessary teaching. For further information on yoga teacher in Rishikesh, you may contact our representatives.