Looking for ways to improve heart health? Ayurveda courses in India already has a tonic for the same; to know more read the following article.
The heart is the central organ which performs eccentric functions in the body to keep you alive. Hence, it is your primary duty to keep your heart healthy. Since a restless schedule doesn’t let you live a stress-free life, it ultimately affects your heart. To dodge the circumstances of the same, several studies and researches have taken place. But, Ayurveda already seems to have a solution.
Since ages, Ayurveda has been using the bark of a tree named “Arjuna” to cure various health concerns prominently related to heart health. Though several pieces of research have validated the ancient claim and suggested the cardiologists to use an amalgamation of ayurvedic herb Arjuna and western medicine for the benefit of the patient, no news has come forward till yet. For the future, there is certainly a hope that a blend of these two may work together for the welfare of mankind. In the meanwhile, let us understand the ayurvedic perspective behind the same.
Ayurvedic theory about the heart
During Ayurveda courses in India, it is taught that stress receptors in the heart are responsible for managing the level of stress in the body. This is done by draining the waste products of stress signals into the lymphatic system of the heart. Undue stress over time makes the lymphatic system congested. This blocks the drainage of waste product from stress and brings stress to the heart and affects its health. This stagnant drainage system leads to an increased level of cholesterol, arterial damage, and other heart health issues.
The herb Arjuna scientifically known as Terminalia arjuna is used by Ayurveda to cure such heart health concerns.
Ayurvedic use of Arjuna
From Ayurveda’s perspective, Arjuna functions as a lymph mover for the heart. As a lymph mover, it stimulates the congested lymphatic system of the heart to drain the toxins and waste product of stress signals. Arjuna has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that look after the functioning of lymphatic drainage of the heat, stronger heart muscles, healthier muscular contractions of the heart and decent arterial blood flow.
Moreover, Arjuna also balances the three doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta and Kapha which looks after the physical and mental process of the body.
Researches based on Arjuna
- Researches have proved that intake of the pure form of Arjuna bark relieves people from chronic chest pain which is a symptom of heart failure. In fact, chest pain after a heart failure can also be cured by consuming the pure form of the bark.
- In a study, 25 patients suffering from coronary heart diseases (CAD) were given powered Terminalia arjuna twice a day for 3 months. They experienced a decreased frequency of anginal attacks. Moreover, after undergoing arjuna therapy their electrocardiography (ECG) showed stable results.
- A group of patients suffering from hypertension was given 4g of Arjuna bark powder twice a day for a month. It was observed that their systolic and diastolic blood pressure fall, they showed improvement in functional class, breathlessness, and overall well-being.
Some other benefits of Arjuna
- Combats lipids disorder
- Upgrades energy, strength and endurance
- Administers blood sugar levels
- Acts as a healer for wounds
- Keeps away fungal infections
- Enables proper functioning of the stomach, liver, and kidneys
In order to learn more about the same, enroll for Ayurveda courses in India that will help you in a deeper and better understanding of the subject. Moreover, you may also learn about the secrets of healthy cooking in Ayurveda effective for a healthier lifestyle through Ayurveda cooking courses in India.