Summary – Yoga poses are much more than just stretching and strengthening of the muscles, Every pose creates different effects on the physical, mental, emotional, energetic, and spiritual level. To get into details for the different kinds of yoga, meditation and pranayama techniques to maintain your emotional state, you need to stick with this article till the end.
We, humans, are emotional beings; an average person can experience multiple emotions throughout a day. One day we are in a jolly mood, another frustrated – this is something that we feel every day but, is not something which is eternal. Emotions are the production of our mind and brain which we create every single day. Although all emotions are not considered negative, some are good for our health, but the negative emotions and uncontrolled anger has ill effects on the body. Negative emotions and uncontrolled anger lead to various side effects. But yoga has a cure for everything.
There are different types of approach and techniques to solve this modern difficulty of being in an uncontrolled emotional state. Do you desire more courage, strength, dedication and will power? There is no better place for you than a Silent retreat in Nepal where you can experience things that happen, inside or outside of your body. Meditation and spiritual practice helps us to differentiate between who we really are as a human being. In yoga, emotions are described as Vrittis or waves and the practice of yoga, meditation and pranayama will help a person to focus on calming these waves to return the mind to the peaceful state. If a person wishes to gain more knowledge about yoga and meditation under well-known experienced yoga teachers, there is no better place than a Yoga retreat in Nepal.
So, here are some yoga asanas and meditation techniques to help control your emotions.
Best Asanas and Techniques for Emotion Control:
- Uttanasana (Standing Forward Bend): This asana is an intense stretching exercise, which also calms your mind and relieves anxiety. It allows blood circulation, helps in relieving stress, relieves headache and insomnia which occurs due to uncontrollable emotions. A person suffering from a lower back injury should avoid doing this exercise. To perform this asana, stand straight with your arms on the sides, gently soften your knees and bend forward, folding from your hip. Balance the weight on your body and remember to keep your knees soft as you do all of it. Let your hand rest on the ground parallel to the feet. Stay in the pose for 30 seconds to 1 minute and then come back to the original position. Repeat this exercise daily as it also helps in liver and kidney activations, and cures high blood pressure.
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose): It is the best asana for people to lift their emotions into the purest form and to make their emotional state more refined and divine. This exercise helps in harmonizing, balancing, cleansing, and purifying a person’s mind and body. To continue with this exercise you need to lie on your chest while placing the palms down on the ground beneath the shoulders, lift your chest up off the ground by straightening your arms. Hold the pose anywhere for 15 to 30 seconds and breathing slowly and release back to the floor with an exhalation. If you want to practice more asanas of this kind under the guidance of knowledgable yoga teachers, there is no better place than a Silent retreat in Nepal. The atmosphere itself will refresh your mind and soul.
- Sunia Antar: It is a meditation for emotional balance and also it is an effective meditation to balance the air and water in the body to create emotional harmony. It is a very beneficial exercise for women in different ways. It makes the concentration power stronger and you will easily be able to control your emotions. To perform this exercise, you need to sit on a mat with your legs crossed, place the arms across the chest and lock your hands under the armpits, with palm open against the body. Raise the shoulder up tight against the earlobe smoothly. Close your eyes and hold the position for a little longer, while the breathing will automatically slow down and you will feel yourself in a calm state.
- Dive Relax Meditation: This meditation only focuses on the relaxation of the mind and soul. All the uncontrolled emotions though which come rushing in your mind will disappear. This meditation process also helps on the outside body as it will make your skin glowy in no time. To continue this exercise, you need to dip your face in the bowl of fresh cold water while holding your breath for as long as you can. If you don’t have a bowl then, you can use an ice pack instead and dab it against your face in a smooth way. This exercise helps with both inner and outer beauty.
- Nadi Shodana Pranayama: There are several breathing techniques that will help in harmonizing, cleansing and balancing your emotions. Breathing through the mouth evokes the emotional body and further, its effects in expressing and releasing the emotions. To resume, sit in a comfortable position with your legs crossed, spine straight and eyes closed. Using a finger press down on the right nostril to close it, breathe in through the left nostril. Hold the breath as long as possible. Then release the right nostril and press down on the left nostril to exhale through the right, press down on the right nostril to inhale and exhale through the left. Continue in this way for at least 2 to 3 minutes.
Practice these effective yoga asanas along with the meditation, which is said to be a powerful tool for changing the mind, for making it stronger and calmer. As the mind becomes quiet, it also becomes stronger, focused, and more powerful.