There are varying ways to save money on your SRP electric bill. One among the most frequently asked questions is the best yet easiest way to save costs on AC during the hot months of summer. Unfortunately, some among the best long-term means of saving costs (like replacing old units with new, more efficient options, and upgrading attic and wall insulations) cost you the most upfront. So, this article offers suggestions and recommendations concerning the cheapest, most effective, and easiest ways of decreasing your SRP or electricity bill during the summer months.
Monitor daily energy usage
It’s amazing how much you can save on your energy bill the moment you begin to actually monitor it. It’s the same principle that backs weight-watching or creating a cash budget – when you take a sincere look at what’s actually occurring, you discover the strength to become a lot more careful. It’s simple and quick to go online and study your precise usage on the SRP website. Set a reminder on your phone or calendar and take an excellent sincere look at your energy usage once weekly.
Teach and implement energy-saving routines and habits in your home
This section offers a list of simple and small practices and routines that can add up into massive savings over a couple of years. Teach them to your entire family as they are truly crucial if you desire to actually reduce your SRP electric bill. They include;
- Utilize CFL light bulbs and get to save thousands in cash over a couple of years, while less-frequent changing of your light bulbs is the bonus.
- When you leave any room, turn the fans and lights off.
- Purchase only energy-efficient appliances. You might have to pay a bit more upfront, but some of the latest energy-efficient options will save you thousands of dollars over the years.
- Never leave your PC, fans, chargers etc. on standby, and charge your appliances in the mornings rather than all night long.
- Air-dry dishes in your dishwasher. Most dishwashers’ heated drying cycle utilizes tons of electricity.
- Wash as many clothes as you possibly can with cold water.
- Utilize as little hot water as possible for bathing and washing.
- Start the dish and clothes washers only when you have a full load.
- Short showers save lots of energy and water compared to full baths.
Know high energy consuming appliances
Apart from your AC unit, the three foremost energy-consuming appliances are normally the refrigerator, water heater, and pool pump (if you own one). So;
- Water heater: Ensure your heater is set to heat water to a set number of degrees. Keeping water too hot is a waste of energy.
- Refrigerator: Ensure that the rubber seals on the doors are functioning properly and never leave the door open.
- Pool pump: Ensure chemicals remain at correct levels, traps and filters are regularly cleaned, and it runs for just between 8 and 12 hours daily during summer.
These are the three foremost ways for ensuring that you decrease your SRP electric bill significantly. Try them and see the difference.