Apart from managing weight loss, blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases yoga is beneficial in a lot of surprising ways. The following article will help you discover those benefits.
Since 5,000 years, yogis and yoga practitioners have been stating the health benefits of yoga. Yes, yoga improves flexibility, aids in weight loss, tones up the body, builds muscles, boosts strength and stamina, etc. But that is not all. Yoga helps your body in surprising ways that you may not be aware of.
Yoga center in Delhi has been educating people about several other benefits of yoga that may surprise you. To give you an idea here are the top 10 health benefits of yoga that will amaze you:
- Cures infertility: Fertility yoga helps the body in strengthening the endocrine gland which is responsible for balanced hormones. The stretch in the poses eliminates blockage from the reproductive tract. It not only supports and nurtures the reproductive system but also plays a vital role in the peaceful conception.
- Comforts hangover: Drinking eventually leads to a hangover which makes your morning rough. In this situation, practicing your daily yoga routine should be the first thing to do. It will increase your metabolism followed by detoxification in the body. It reverses the blood flow towards the brain which helps in bringing balance to the body. As a result, you are relieved from the hangover.
- Eases multiple sclerosis (MS): MS affects the brain, spinal cord and the optic nerves in the eyes. It causes an imbalance in the body, affects vision, muscle control, etc. A study was conducted where patients suffering from MS were asked to involve yoga in their daily routine for six months continuously. The reports showed there was an improvement in their physical, mental and emotional health.
- Improves libido: The stress, anxiety, and depression in today’s demanding lifestyle decreases your libido that may affect the relationship with your partner. In 2009, a study proved that yoga boosts your libido by increasing blood circulation in the pelvic area, stimulating and engaging the core, enhancing the focus and upgrading oxygen level in the body.
- Makes you intuitive: Practicing yoga along with breathing exercises and meditation makes you intuitive by aligning your mind and body together. Besides, it also helps you bring awareness to the body. The more you practice yoga the deeper its effects will be; either developing intuition or bringing awareness to the mind and body.
- Treats Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): The root causes of PCOS are hormonal imbalance, stress and anxiety, and diminished metabolic rate. As per a study published in the International Journal of Yoga, 12 weeks of holistic yoga program improved mental health, balanced hormonal balance and managed the metabolic rate of women suffering from PCOS. If you are suffering from PCOS, you may enroll for a yoga center in Delhi as they have a special yoga sequence for treating PCOS.
- Activates the cosmic chakras in the body: Feeling drained can be a sign that your body isn’t receiving the amount of energy it should get. It is either getting lost or blocked. With yoga, you can activate the cosmic chakras in the body that are responsible for channelizing the energy to different body parts.
- Enhances memory: Too much engagement at work builds stress in the mind which affects the memory, lowers the performance, etc. Including yoga in your workout routine helps in lowering the stress hormone and aid in enhancing memory.
- Regulates hormonal balance: Hormonal imbalance may cause diseases such as adrenal insufficiency, infertility, menstrual issues and can even affect the thyroid, etc. Yoga on a daily basis strengthens and nurtures the endocrine system to ensure a proper balance of hormones.
- Better reflexes: As you age the speed of reflexes in the body decreases which makes you weak and slow in your daily life activities. When you practice yoga religiously it strengthens your muscles, bones, and tendons which help in reflexes. Improved brain and nerve function adds up to the process.
If you are already a yoga practitioner you may also enroll for yoga teacher training in Gurgaon.