- What is PTE Academic?
It’s an English Proficiency Exam which non-native English speakers attempt in order to get admission, visa or job overseas.
- What does the PTE Academic Exam consist of or what’s PTE exam pattern?
It consists of 20 different question types spread over 3 sections.
- Where is PTE Academic accepted?
It is accepted all over the world. You might wanna check with the place or university you want to be in, just to make sure.
- Where can i give PTE Academic?
You can give it anywhere from the existing test centers that are spread over 50 countries.
- What are the three sections?
The first section is Speaking & Writing, second is Reading and the last one is Listening.
- What questions does the Speaking & Writing Section consist of?
The question types are read aloud, repeat sentences, describe image, retell lecture, answer short questions, summarize written text and essay.
- What questions does the Reading Section consist of?
The question types are fill in the blanks, multiple choice single answer, multiple choice multiple answers, reading, and writing fill in the blanks, re-order paragraphs.
- What questions does the Listening Section consist of ?
The question types are summarize spoken text, multiple choice multiple answer, fill in the blanks, highlight correct summary, multiple choice single answer, select missing word, highlight incorrect words and write from dictation.
- What is the evaluation criteria?
There are different criteria for different question types. In general, there is correct or incorrect scoring and partial credit scoring.
- How to register for the exam?
Register online at Pearson by entering your details and paying through PTE Voucher, Debit or Credit Card.
- How to prepare for the PTE Academic Exam?
Online PTE Mock Tests are the best way to prepare for the exam.
- Is PTE a Pen & Paper Exam or Computer-based?
PTE Academic is a computer-based exam. You will have a screen, microphone, headphones, keyboard and mouse instead of pen and paper.
- When does the result comes out?
You will get the PTE Academic scorecard within 5 days of your test day.
- How to send scores to the universities?
You can send in your scores directly from the website itself. Unlimited universities, free of cost.
- What does the scorecard consist of?
It gives out details like your name etc. There are overall score, communicative skills scores and Enabling scores along with a graph.
Want to study for PTE? PTE Practice Tests are the way to go.