Yoga has wonderful effects and you may have already come across some of these benefits in your everyday life, if you have initiated it in your daily routine. Some of the most common benefits that you may experience are loss in excess weight, increased muscle strength, corrected breathing, a more flexible body, and a positive outlook.
If you have been accustomed to this holistic practice, you may have surely had thoughts about becoming a certified yoga teacher (as the career option is already gaining a lot of notice). For those of you who are interested in making this healthy lifestyle, your career, there is a list of options and destinations to take your 200 hours yoga teacher training courses from.
Yoga teacher training in India can be found in many parts of this beautiful country where yoga originated. The current yoga hub of the world is Rishikesh, in India; you can also find Yoga Teacher training in Rishikesh. These courses are given to you by highly acclaimed teachers of the style of yoga you choose to learn.
But if you are new to this practice, you may find it difficult to choose the correct yoga course for your needs. There are a few types and styles of yoga that you can match to your own personal style for better submersion into yoga. One may further go ahead and specifically choose the style of yoga befitting their body, mind and health needs.
These are a few yoga styles and what they have to offer:-
- Ashtanga yoga: This is a style of yoga that is very athletic in nature and encourages athletic gains. Each pose in this style is held for 5 breathing sets and finishes with a sun salutation routine.
- Hatha yoga: This is the ideal beginner’s yoga style. Usually this style goes gentle on the body of beginners, and does not include a lot of complicated asanas.
- Vinyasa Yoga: This form of yoga follows a flow (dance-like movements). An element of flowing movement is incorporated in your practice.
- Power yoga: This is also a form of Vinyasa yoga that follows a flow in the postures and movements, only it is performed with a faster pace, a challenging type of Vinyasa flow.
- Restorative yoga: This is the ideal style of yoga for healing purpose. The yoga style focuses on injury points and problem areas to slowly heal them with the energy flow in the slight movements and routines.
These are a few questions you must ask yourself before you join a yoga course apart from determining if the course is serving your needs.
Are your teachers and school certified?
Once it comes down to learning yoga, you cannot risk the health of your body in the wrong hands. There have been terrible stories that come out of people who started out their yogic journey, learning from people who practice basic yoga on their own. It is very essential to know that your teacher is a certified teacher, because only a certified teacher would know the necessary corrections in your Asanas and the flukes that cause injuries during the practice.
Is your teacher approachable and able to teach?
You may be a shy person and unable to ask the multitude of questions going on in your head. In this case your teacher should be able to understand that and take an initiative to clear your doubts. Notice for yourself if you are able to approach your teacher with your doubts, without feeling too embarrassed about your question, and notice how they approach your concerns.
How many people will be learning yoga in your class?
The smaller the size of the class, the more hand’s on experience each student receives. Opt for classes that have less number of learners.
What name has the studio claimed?
It is advisable to read about the studio in which you prefer to learn yoga. Read previous reviews from students and go through their website to learn more about how much the studio is capable of providing in terms of learning. You can even go ahead and ask for a few trial classes, or if they offer trial classes so that you can have a one on one experience of what you can expect from the yoga course and the studio.
The best yoga course for you is the one that starts addressing all your health issues and shows improvement in the concerning areas of your body. A perfect yoga course should be able to provide you with knowledge and satisfaction in the end of every session. Take your time and choose your course and studio wisely!