Versatility in the usage of Google has increased. A new SEO/analytics plugin is developed by Google for WordPress known as Google Site Kit Google site Kit enables you to connect with all the marketing services of Google online such as Google Analytics, Google AdSense, Google Optimize and Google Tag Manager to your WordPress website directly.
This latest kit is super helpful in gaining page-level insights in your free web hosting WordPress dashboard. It enables you to search analytics, Page Speed performance and other data in your WordPress dashboard directly. Here, we will be guiding you about how you can set up a Google Site Kit in WordPress.
To have more understanding of how marketing analysis works, we recommend you to have a manual setup both analytics and search console.
Overview of Manual Installation Of Google Site Kit
- First, you need to create and link a new client configuration which is a simple click-click-copy-paste job.
- Link properties such as google analytics and Google search console to site kit.
The first step is to download the plugin from the announcement post which Google released, a developer preview on June 2019. Once the downloading has been done, log in to WordPress dashboard. Go to plugins then add new and click on Upload Plugin. Upload the zip file and install. Next step is to activate the plugin. A screen will appear, congratulating you for successful activation of Site Kit Plugin.
Configuration of Google Site Kit in WordPress
This step will allow you to build a bridge between your WordPress site and Google’s services. Search console data will be automatically connected to site Kit along with client configuration.
The entire process will manually create a Google Cloud account.
Link Google Search Console to WordPress using Site Kit
As we have described earlier that creating the client configuration in Google Site Kit Plugin is a click-click-paste process so even if you do not have your site added to the search Console, Site Kit will automatically create one for you.
Step by step procedure of configuration in Google Site Kit Plugin
- First you have to log in with your primary Google account in the browser.
- Next, you will have to head over to your site Kit page in your WordPress admin dashboard and then click on the highlighted link
- The site Kit plugin automatically fetches all your WordPress site information and will pass it on to the client configuration page in the Google Developer Console dashboard.
- Site Kit will create a new project in your Google Cloud account using information from your WordPress site. Once it is done, you will get a client configuration code. Copy the code to your clipboard and click ‘Done’.
- Paste the code in the client configuration text box and click on proceed.
- Sign in with your primary Google account (one that has access to analytics). Click sign in with Google.
- The message will appear to grant the required permissions then review all the permissions. Ensure the checkboxes are enabled. Click on Allow to proceed.
- Site Kit will detect your linked site data in your Google Search Console account and link it to your WordPress blog.