There are several reasons to hire a labor or employment law consultant, but the most significant of all is to defend your organization from the unforeseen issues. In any business, hiring an employee or employees is an essential and continual process. Throughout the year you may need employees either to fill up a vacant post permanently or on a contractual basis temporarily.
Hiring employees can be a part of your business expansion plan in other horizons as well as to ensure more productivity at the optimal level. To hire employees, it is quite natural that you will take help of a recruitment company to avoid the hassles involved and to make the process smooth, but you will also need to know the level of competence of the service provider at the same time. This adds to your task making it all the more overwhelming and a lengthy process.
However, no matter which way you choose, the most important thing is to see that you abide by the rules of Labor law to ensure the HR is legally compliant. It is here you will need the help of a qualified and experienced labour law consultant.
Significance of the consultant
Investing in an labour law consultant will prove to be very fruitful for your business. You will get a lot of help from the expert professional right from:
- Helping in strategic planning to hire new employees for enhanced productivity or business expansion
- Ensuring labor law compliance in the entire process now and after
- Offering robust solutions for any issues that will be beneficial for your business
- Helping in retaining and upholding the reputation of the company
- Handling all the legal problems are blotches
- Preventing any mess within the organization and avoid dire legal consequences.
In short, they will ensure that you get good employees to recruit and the existing ones do not leave your organization unsatisfied and unhappy.
There will be no legal penalties to pay due to lack of HR legal compliance, and you will be able to maintain a clean image and repertoire to present the employees with a comfortable and healthy working environment.
Avoiding legal prosecutions
There is no doubt that you will need professional and expert Labour Law Consultants in India for optimum legal compliance. Any non-compliance will cause damage to the reputation of your business, but the most worrying factor is that such non-compliance and breach of law will fetch financial penalties, legal prosecutions and other kinds of penalties.
Ideally, businesses that are non-complaint will face financial penalties, but it all depends on the significance of the case. The court may also order other penalties such as cancellation of registration of the non-compliant company leading to a considerable loss and setback in business.
Hence, you will need the expertise of the labor consultant to be careful and alert about labor law compliance and avoid such unwanted nuisances.
Perform compliance audit
If you hire one of the most renowned Labour Law Firms in India after conducting thorough research, then you will enjoy several other benefits as well. They will make sure that their service is comprehensive and cost-effective and will ensure that it covers all aspects to make your company labor law compliant.
- To keep you safe from legal glitches, the experienced personnel will conduct a compliance audit to know about the provisions for labor law compliance. They will offer cost-effective and useful solutions for labor law compliance and remedial measures in the areas that need some improvements.
- They are expert in understanding the anomalies, finding out the opportunities and identify the drawbacks in the system. To ensure better compliance, they will use different useful software and applications and design a plan to follow so that the entire process is streamlined.
With such automation with software and its successful application will make your investment more cost effective and result driven.
Shape up your responsibilities
The proficient Labour law consultant will shape up your responsibilities as an employer. Your responsibilities include all important features such as recruitment and hiring, training and even retaining or terminating services of an employee.
- The consultant will also help you in maintaining equality among employees as required by the labor law. Every company is obligated to provide their existing as well as potential employees with opportunities that are best irrespective of their differences in age, race, sex, and religion.
- Apart from that, the consultant will also help you to take important decisions regarding recruitment and hiring.
In addition to that, you will even get expert guidance and tips that will help you to build or develop the existing business structure.
- With proper advice from the labor law consultant, you will understand your business and its operational process better and know about the areas that need immediate addressing and improvement.
- You will come to know about all options and provisions of labor law as the services provided by the labor law consultant are meticulously linked to the role, mandate, and influence of the employer towards the organization.
The issue of labor law compliance is crucial and is very important for any member enterprise. It involves high risks when you get it all wrong or make any error. You may face legal hassles and even lose the possible state sanctions, damage your reputation, get involved in costly litigation and encounter harmful trade union activities within your organization.
Therefore, invest in a labour law consultant to retain the reputation of your business and ensure more productivity down the line.
Amy Jones is a professional legal expert working with Ahlawat & Associates-top law firms in India, with a long background of taking up several types of cases, she is able to provide the right legal consultation to their clients professionally and help them to solve their complicated legal problems. She keeps writing about different legal matters.