The actual purpose of a hashtag search and the inclusion of hashtags in tweets is that they provide you as well as other tweeters with an easy means of searching out a specific topic via the Twitter hashtag search tool.
The actual purpose of a hashtag search and the inclusion of hashtags in tweets is that they provide you as well as other tweeters with an easy means of searching out a specific topic via Twitter hashtag search tool. This is because hashtags function as some kind of natural filter. This is how you should perform a hashtag search via the platform’s advanced search page;
- Type the hashtag topic you are seeking into the ‘this hashtag’ text field (don’t include the hashtag symbol yet, the platform does it automatically).
- Click the search button.
Even though hashtag searching is done most easily from the search box since all you need do is put the hashtag (#) before your topic. For instance, if you type in #wimdows7, then you will get a result of all posts that include ‘windows7’.
Search out tweets by location
If you utilize the Twitter platform on a mobile phone, and if the device features GPS (global positioning sensor), best chances are that the platform will post where you are located together with your updates. The manner in which sent tweets are tagged with your present position, many Twitter updates feature an associated location.
If you happen to be interested in finding individuals that are tweeting near a specific location, you can utilize Twitter search to effectively specify the location as well as the distance. For instance, you can find tweets that were sent within 25 miles of a particular area. In fact, this is among the foremost ways you can use to find virtually any Twitter trending hashtag. Here are the 4 steps to use in using advanced search to find tweets by location;
- Type your desired location into the ‘near this place’ text box.
- Choose value with the ‘within this distance’ list. Options include 1, 5, 10, 15, 25, 50, 100, 500, and 1000.
- Choose either kilometers or miles.
- Then click the ‘search’ button.
Just include two operators if you want to complete the same procedure in the platform’s search box.
- Near: Utilize this operator in front of the name of a place if you desire to find tweets that were sent from that particular location.
- Within: Utilize this operator in front of a number that is followed by either km (for kilometers) or mi (for miles) to find tweets that were sent from within that distance of the location.
One major advantage that you get from the utilization of these operators is that you are able to utilize them just on their own. This means that utilizing ‘near’ on its own displays all of the tweets that were sent from only that location. Utilizing ‘within’ on its own displays all of the tweets that were sent from within the specified distance of present location.
These are the key steps you can use to really optimize your Twitter hashtag search tool via the utilization of hashtags. You can actually enjoy all of the operators that have been listed in this article. They will effectively, easily, and efficiently guide you through the amazing social media platform. You are then able to enjoy the full potential that the platform has to offer.
Everywhere on social media, content is being generated at unheard of speeds. Hashtags help you navigate the ever-expanding internet, and HASHATIT keeps you on top of hashtags.