There is presently no medical treatment that will prevent cataracts or reverse them once they develop. The only treatment for cataract is their surgical removal. The decision to operate is taken by the patient and the doctor together. This decision is based on the degree to which the cataract is impairing vision and the effect it has on patient’s lifestyle. It is the decision only the patient and the doctor can male, as based on the individual needs. With the advances in cataract surgery, one does not require to wait till vision drops to finger counting. The sooner the operation is done, the better are the results.
There are Three treatment options available for cataract:
1) Micro-incision Cataract Surgery Phacoemulsification – a modern technique
Phacoemulsification is the latest technology in cataract surgery. It is a micro-incisional stitchless operation where cataract us emulsified by ultrasound energy, liquefied & sucked through the phacoemulsifier probe. Then a foldable intra-ocular lens is implanted in the eye permanently.
It is least traumatic form of cataract surgery with early rehabilitation & recuperation. Vision restoration is possible in a short period of time.
Advantages of Phacoemulsification:
- The operation is least injurious to the eye.
- It is a day care procedure with fast visual recovery.
- It is a stitchless operation and is done under local or topical anaesthesia (Use of eye drop).
- One can resume work in the shortest time possible.
- Less chances of post-operative cylindrical number.
- One can reimburse the cost for the surgery though Mediclaim.
2) Femtosecond Laser Assisted Cataract Surgery
It is a bladeless cataract operation in which a femto second laser is used to make the incision, opening the lens capsule and to divide the lens into small fragments. Thereafter the lens fragments are removed with ultrasonic probe.
3) Extra- Capsular Cataract Extraction ECCE – a conventional technique
- Requires an Incision of 10-12 mm.
- Clouded lens is removed in one piece.
- A non-foldable lens in implanted
- Multiple stitches are required
- More chances of high post-operative cylindrical number-astigmatism and delayed recovery.
Tags = Best Cataract Treatment in Mumbai, Cataract Surgery in Mumbai, Cataract treatment in Mumbai, Cataract specialist in Mumbai, Cataract Surgery In India, Best Cataract hospital In Mumbai, Cataract surgeon in Mumbai, Best Laser Eye Treatment in Mumbai, Best Eye Surgeon in Mumbai
Ojas, Eye Hospital In Mumbai is an advanced ophthalmic clinic that offers a variety of high end medical solutions to people requiring correction in vision. Ojas, which comprises a dedicated team of ophthalmic specialists led by Dr. Niteen C Dedhia ( Best Eye Surgeon in Mumbai ), has brought leading technology for ophthalmic treatment to India.