- Wash twice a day and after sweating. Perspiration can worsen acne, so wash your skin as soon as possible after sweating.
- Use only fingertips to apply a gentle, non-abrasive cleanser. Using a wash cloth or mesh sponge can irritate the skin.
- Be gentle with skin. Use gentle alcohol-free products. Avoid using astringents, toners, and exfoliants that irritate the skin. Dry, red, itchy skin can aggravate acne.
- Scrubbing skin can worsen acne. Avoid the temptation to scrub your skin.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Shampoo regularly. If you have oily hair, shampoo daily.
- Let your skin heal naturally. Picking, popping or squeezing acne, will delay healing and increase the risk of acne scars.
- Keep your hands off your face. Avoid touching your skin throughout the day as it can cause flare-ups.
- Stay out of the sun. Some acne medications make the skin sensitive to sunlight.
Consult a dermatologist if:
- Acne makes you shy or embarrassed.
- Acne is leaving scars or pigmentation.
- The products you’ve tried have not worked.
Virtually every case of acne can be successfully treated. Dermatologists can help treat existing acne, prevent new breakouts and reduce the chances of developing scars. If you have any questions or concerns about skin care, visit a dermatologist In Janakpuri.