- Shower regularly and dry yourself completely before dressing
- Avoid wearing tight garments such as jeans, leggings and jeggings. Wear loose fitting cotton garments
- Don’t share your bed linen, towel and clothes.
- Dry the clothes inside out. Wear well dried inner garments after about 3-4 days of washing if ironing is not possible.
- To reduce fungal spore load in the immediate environment; dust, wet mop or vacuum the house and clean with soap and detergent.
- Remove waistband, wristband etc.
- In case of tinea cruris or jock itch, (fungal infections in the groin area), wear “boxer shorts” instead of the tight fitting ones(Frenchie) that hug the groin and cut into it.
- Wear non-occlusive (open-loose) footwear like sandals etc. if possible.
- Sensitize people about the morbidities associated with obesity and encourage them to lose weight.
- Regular removal of hair on genitalia.
- Keeping scalp clean and do not share combs, hairbrushes, hats or helmets.
- Vacuuming is considered the best method if possible.
- Wet moping may be ideal in our country.
- Washable surfaces should be cleaned thoroughly with detergent soap and hot water.
- This should be repeated at least once daily for 4-6 weeks until all affected persons have eliminated fungal infection.
Treatment is given by the doctor
Please consult your dermatologist for any fungal infection and take your medicine as advised by your dermatologist.
Read More Blog on https://dermatologistinjanakpuri.blogspot.com