In the current era, it becomes easy to build a responsive site by using various content management system. After building a responsive website, the biggest hurdle faced especially by the beginners is how to manage a website? Various web hosts provide cPanel hosting to manage website efficiently. Almost 90% of the web hosting providers prefer cPanel to help you manage your web server efficiently. But what if you don’t how to use cPanel in order to manage your site?
Usually, beginners never know the importance of cPanel tool provided by a web host, and often becomes annoyed. As cPanel is not as much beginner-friendly, especially when you had never operated a website. To take advantages of the full functionality offered by cPanel it’s important for you to understand the use of cPanel. Let’s dive into the details to know how to manage a website with the help of cPanel.
What Is cPanel & How It Helps You?
The basic question arises in every beginner’s mind is what is cPanel and how it could give benefits? Basically the cPanel is a control panel similar to the one in windows, but it is specifically for your web hosting. The basic reason that makes the cPanel popular and easy for a non-tech person to use is its graphical interface to help users to perform the task efficiently. Without this, it would be mandatory to know about programming before you could perform any task. The control panel helps you to perform important functions like
- Diagnosing issues with the computer
- Increasing security in a few efficient ways
- Creating and managing a new database to store content
- Easily installing software such as Drupal, Joomla, and WordPress
- Enabling you to add new domain and subdomain to your hosting account
- Uploading files directly to your server
- Managing FTP accounts to upload files via FTP
How to Use cPanel?
To manage a website using cPanel, it is important for you to know the use of cPanel. Different installation of cPanel includes different features but it is easy for you to browse and get to know the sections that are particularly similar in all control panels. After you first log in to your cPanel, probably you will see your resources on any metrics, such as CPU usage, available storage space, and your memory usage. This will help you to keep an eye on the resources provided by the web host.
To manage your website using cPanel you must need to know the functionality of the top modules. Let’s take a look at the top modules and their functionality to understand it more clearly.
- File Module: without using the FTP client you can easily upload and manage files using cPanel file module. You can also specify the privacy level, make backups and more by using different modules in a file module. The top modules are web disk, FTP accounts, backup, backup wizard, directory privacy and etc.
- Domain: with cPanel it’s become easy for a webmaster to manage more than one site or redirect or include subdomains efficiently. The domain section includes addon domains, aliases, preview website, DNS manager and many more modules.
- Security: Within the security section you can easily manage your website security and block loopholes. The top security modules include SSL /TLS, IP blocker, Hotlink protection.
- Web Applications: Your control panel allows you to install the different software from blogs to portals and forums. The common module includes Drupal, Joomla, WordPress.
- Databases: if you build your website with the help of CMS then it uses the database to store post, settings and other essential information. This section will help you to efficiently manages all those databases.