Several individuals take their eyesight for granted and ask “why should I have my eyes tested by an optometrist Perth WA when I can see clearly?” If you are among those asking this question, chances are you might be affected by one among the many sight-threatening illnesses, but not have it treated on time. Even though a routine eye examination by the experts might appear unneeded, it helps to detect eye issues at their earliest stage and gets them treated before they steal your vision. To decrease the probability of losing your sight and to ensure your vision is comfortable for years into the future, expert optometry services have formulated varying beginner’s guides for taking care of your eyesight. Via the guides, they want to assist you to achieve or preserve optimal eye health.
- Recognising your vision issues: Even though, in several cases, there are symptoms that are early signs of vision issues, there are times that no symptoms or signs are present. If you notice changes in your eyesight, for example, eye pain, watery eyes, vision loss, redness, or any other recurring problems, you might have to see an eye expert. Nevertheless, to prevent asymptomatic illnesses from bringing troubles to your vision, constant visits to these experts become essential.
- Talk to a qualified expert: Eye doctors possess specialised eye care knowledge and are trained to undertake eye tests and diagnose as well as treat varying eye disorders. An experienced optometrist in Perth Western Australia, will be capable of guiding you through management and preventative treatment to optimise the health of your eyes. It’s best to listen to these experts and the cues coming from your eyes.
- Have your eyes examined: To ascertain your eyes’ health and detect any potential vision issues, these experts will conduct a detailed examination of your eyes. Typically, this comprises tests like a visual acuity test, glaucoma test, and a refraction test.
Advice from professionals
- Go for routine eye examinations: Professional optometry bodies recommend eye examinations once every two years at least, depending on age, systemic, and ocular health. When last did you have your eyes checked?
- Eat healthily: Unhealthy foods bring about undernourishment and inefficiency, and the long-term outcome is typically a breakdown of usual functions. When it concerns the eyes, eating junk or unhealthy foods could bring about potential eye diseases and aberrations at night. To safeguard your eyesight, eat lots of dark leafy greens, and high-carotenoid foods.
- Wear the correct pair of glasses: Wear 100% UVB and UVA sunglasses whenever you happen to be outdoors. This also applies to kids.
- Quit smoking: Apart from being fatal, smoking can also lead to blindness, so why should you risk it?
- Be consistent: Similar to dieting, nothing that is short-term lasts. You must commit yourself to long-term decisions if you want them to have the effect your desire.
If you’ve not been following these tips or checking your eyesight regularly, it’s not too late to begin. Just reach out to an expert and professional optometrist Perth WA. The expert will conduct a comprehensive examination and also provide expert optometry services. This will ensure that your eyes serve you for long.
Established in 1980, Cooper & Lourie is one of Perth’s oldest independent specialists in Optometry.