Lasik Eye surgery is used to correct defective vision. The surgery is done through Laser and the organ of the eye involved in the surgery is the cornea. If you want to undergo Lasik surgery in Mumbai, you should visit the best Lasik specialist in Mumbai.
What Is The Mechanism Behind Laser Surgery In Improving Vision?
LASER is abbreviated as Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. LASER eye surgery is the delicate and complex treatment in which laser is given in the third layer of the cornea by the eye surgeon to achieve an effective visual outcome.
The mechanism involves, firstly putting the anaesthetic eye drops on the eye by the doctor. Then eyelids are held open with the help of a speculum. The cornea is then centered and by using the laser, a corneal flap is made and laser is given to the exposed underlying corneal tissue. Once done the flap is replaced and allowed to heal naturally.
What Are The Benefits Of Laser Surgery?
Laser eye surgery mainly involves the reshaping of the cornea (front part of the eye), in such a way that light focuses on the retina to produce clear and accurate vision. The benefits of laser surgery are:
- Improves the refractive power of the eye
- It helps to treat near-sightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism.
- Quick procedure and generally painless
- Results are precise and accurate as the process is computer-guided.
- Safe and effective as carried out by a qualified and experienced surgeon.
- Long-lasting results.
- Dependence on the glasses and lens decreases.
- Improves driving at night.
Are There Any Risk For Laser Sye Surgery?
Different people respond to treatment differently. Some risks associated with laser eye surgery are:
- Mild irritation and light sensitivity during the first few days of the surgery.
- Glare and double vision sometimes at night which reduces with time.
- Temporary Dry-eye.
- Difficulty in seeing at night which usually lasts for a few days.
What Is The Average Cost Of Laser Eye Surgery In India?
About 1,00,000 people undergo laser eye surgery every year in India. It is carried out to treat the refractive power of spectacles like near-sightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. The cost of the procedure varies from center to center and many factors influence the price of the procedure e.g. Type of procedure, the technology used, hospital size, location, post-operative patient care, experience and success rate of the surgeon, etc. The average cost is about 20,000 INR TO 45,000 INR per eye. Some centers may offer a low price for the procedure which may be due to untrained surgeons, inferior technology, less follow-up care which increases the chances of after complications.
What Are The Criteria For Ideal Candidate For Laser Eye Surgery?
The criteria for the ideal candidate for laser eye surgery are:
- 18 years of age or above
- No history of corneal eye disease or corneal ulcers.
- Not suffering from significant medical problems such as diabetes, glaucoma.
- Not suffering from any diseases that reduce the effectiveness of surgery or delay the patient healing process.
- Patient having Myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism.
How To Choose Best Surgeon For Laser Eye Surgery?
The three steps to choose the best surgeon for laser eye surgery are: –
ASK: Ask your friend, family, relatives and other healthcare providers for their recommendations and experience. Get the additional references from the current and past patients about a particular surgeon and their work ethics.
RESEARCH: Search for the doctor who has experience and has no history of malpractice actions. Study well from the internet and medical organization about the qualification, experiences, and achievements of the surgeon.
CONSULT THE DOCTOR: Interview the doctor, ask for a consult appointment to meet and have a talk with them to get all your doubts cleared regarding the benefits and risks associated with the surgery.
What Are The Measures Followed For Post-Operative Care?
During the postoperative period, to prevent any injury or infection, the following special care should be taken: –
- Avoid rubbing of eyes.
- Avoid getting tap water in the eyes and also no swimming for at least a week after surgery.
- Eye makeup should be avoided for a week.
- No exercise for at least 2 days.
- Sunglasses are recommended for initial four weeks on bright sunny days.
- Don’t wash your hair or take shower until a few days after surgery.
Can Astigmatism Be Cured By Laser Eye Surgery?
Yes Astigmatism can be cured with Laser Vision Correction Surgery. Astigmatism is one of the common eye defects caused due to imperfections in the curvature of the cornea (corneal astigmatism) or the shape of the eye lens (lenticular astigmatism) and can be treated by laser eye surgery technique.
Ojas, Eye Hospital In Mumbai is an advanced ophthalmic clinic that offers a variety of high end medical solutions to people requiring correction in vision. Ojas, which comprises a dedicated team of ophthalmic specialists led by Dr. Niteen C Dedhia ( Best Eye Surgeon in Mumbai ), has brought leading technology for ophthalmic treatment to India.