Now a day’s not only female but it’s a general human tendency to get out of the routine and try to be something new and interesting and that would be fashionable in trends. Girl which have Curly hair are looking for straight and silky hair on the other side who have smooth hair want to go for curly hair that is hair perming, the plus point of hair smoothening is that the girls having short and curly hair and going for hair straightening, it will give a silk and shiny hair, decent look and manageable length which allows girls to open the hair, so let deep dive to get more details for Hair Straightening: Types, Pros, Cons, and Side Effects.
Hair Straightening Types
In simple words, hair straightening stands for straight hair, but we have different types as per hair texture and color, the three variant for straight hairs are, hair smoothening, hair straightening and hair rebinding
Hair smoothening treatment will give you altogether a new hair makeover kind of look, it will not only transform your hair in straight look but will give you the silk and shine hair, from hair smoothening you have a natural straight look and it also creates the bouncy effects in the hair. The final look is very much like naturally straight hair, the treatment should be done in a professional salon with an expert hairdresser because need extra care in terms of checking hair texture, straightening cream and to follow the procedure guidelines
Hair Rebonding is also a hair straightening treatment and it gives the more straighten look compare to hair smoothening, the treatment is advisable for the girls who have more curly hair, it will transform the curliest hair into the straight hair, it gives a permanent straight look, unlike the other hair treatment, no matter your hair is naturally straight having S ‘curve’ or curly it is guaranteed that you will get the straight and silky hair at the end of the treatment
Hair Straightening is like hair rebonding treatment, the product used for hair straightening is same but the process is the main difference, hair straightening treatment will give you the pin-straight hair dangling and pointing towards the ground, It is usually prescribed for the hairs that are wavy or frizzy
The treatment price for all the 3 treatment above is more or less same, usually, it is charged as per hair length and that is, shoulder, below the shoulder and waist-length, On an average, the price in a professional salon is INR 6k to 8k and in the Luxury salon-like Geetanjali, Looks it will cost you around 8k to 12k, so the price varies in branded and professional salon chain, depends upon your comfort level and choice, for more info you can Google it for Hair straightening and rebonding price in Delhi and note down the details.
Pros, Cons & Side Effect
Once you are done with any one of the treatment you will surely enjoy your new transformed look and as per the understanding if it is done properly there will be no or minimal side effect, but you have to take extra care for your hair post-treatment, so let’s talk about the hair care post-treatment and the side effects you may encounter.
- As per the guidelines, you are not supposed to wash hair at least for 72 hours, you will not tie the hair and not wear any tight rubber band to manage the hair because it will create a bend in the straight hair, in simple words, small hairband spoil your smoothening hair, secondly, you will not put your hair behind the ears to manage well it will create a kink in the hair length, when you are sleeping at night your hair should be open and straight pointing towards the ground in dangling position and please try that you will not mess up hair in sleep if you are traveling need to cover your hair from a scarf, protection is must from pollution, dust, and sunlight and don’t forget to use an umbrella or a big hat if you are out in this hot summer and if possible try not to expose your hair to direct sunlight or heat
- After the treatment if you feel that hair become dry then you have to go for deep conditioning, always use sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner to retain moisture and healthier hair look, wash your hair with a tab or lukewarm water, don’t use warm water it will strip the moisture from your hair
- Use hair serum after shampoo and conditioner if you experience hair tangled hair after washing, use only wide-toothed comb gently and handle tangled hair with care
- Generally, after the treatment, some hair nutrients are lost, to regain the strength and healthy hair, get hair spa on regular intervals at least once in a month, it will help in hair nourishment and required vitamin for the hair
- You need to check your diet plan as well if you are facing any hair breakage issue, need to control your diet, unhealthy to healthy diet it should be balanced and full of vitamins A & C, take food rich in omega 3, flax seeds, sweet potatoes, carrots, butternut squash, leafy vegetables, peppers, fish oil base supplements, proteins and biotin should be added in your diet plan, it is good for healthy hair and also required maintaining the hair growth.
Hair Straightening Benefits
Now a day’s hair straightening is a fashion symbol and every girl want to have it first, the hot trending fashion of the metros cities, so like we said the treatment has its own merits and demerits, we had discussed the demerits and some of the side effects now we have to talk about the benefits, so here we go and find out the what is there in the list.
- First, you will get the more manageable hair and regular combing is not required to get into the best shape which takes most of our daily time, you will get ready in less time and rush anywhere you want
- You will get all the way a new transformed look of straight, silk and shine hair post-treatment
- The new makeover look will reflect in your personality. the more confident you feel because you now wear the latest fashion of the city
- Now you can stop using temporary hair straightening creams & spray that makes your hair dry and damage that you opt to use earlier, even no need for ironing and blow-dry because you already have permanent straight hair look
- If you still looking for more enhanced look can try hair-streaks / highlights or Global Hair Color post 30 days of the treatment, that will enhance your look to a more stylish and gorgeous hairstyle of the year 2020
So far we have discussed all about straight hair treatment, the 3 types of variant i.e. hair rebonding, smoothening and straightening, we know all the pros and cons with possible side effects, so just keep a check to all listed above details and you are ready to all set and go with the flawless style icon having the latest fashion trends of the city, create your style statement and get envy to others for not having it.
Shikha is damn good hairdresser, she is committed to learning the ins and outs of several techniques that she use as per the clients requirements of the hair style, very creative having good communications skills that is very important in this industry. She is a part of Hair Rebinding Studio more than 5 years.