The majority of individuals hire top Melbourne DJs in Australia only once during their lives and most frequently, it is for their wedding reception. Too frequently, you hear horror stories about how the DJ ruined a reception and, in this instance, once is surely too many. DJs have just a single opportunity to get it right. Some of the most common complaints heard through the years include;
- The DJ showing up late or not even showing up at all.
- The DJ who was hired not being the one that showed up.
- The DJ’s equipment being nothing more than just a home stereo and a couple of CDs.
- The DJ not playing what the client desired or playing music he was particularly asked not to.
- The DJ being unprofessional in dress or manners.
Unfortunately, one could go on and on. There’s a name given to such DJs by professional DJs: hobbyists.
Contrary to popular belief, DJs in Australia aren’t all the same. In most cases, you actually get what you paid for. If there’s an area of your wedding reception in which you must never attempt cutting corners, it is the entertainment. Notice that it was called entertainment and not DJ. The same holds true for a band, harpist, or pianist if you decided to engage their specific service as part of your special day.
Couples are willing to spend thousands on drinks, food, and the banquet hall yet attempt to cut corners when it comes to entertainment and hiring the foremost professional Melbourne DJs in Australia. This could really be the recipe for disaster. Nobody will recall whether the potatoes were over cooked, or how nice you decorated the hall, but the majority of your guests will recall whether they had a great time due to great entertainment.
Differentiating a professional DJ from a hobbyist
Here are some of the foremost features that differentiate a professional DJ from a ‘hobby DJ’.
- Professional DJs don’t use a home stereo but rather use professional equipment.
- Professional DJs will always feature several references you can talk to.
- Expert DJs will always set up quite on time.
- A professional DJ will feature public liability insurance to safeguard you as well as your guests.
- A professional DJ will never attempt to be the life of your party. The bride and groom must never share the limelight with anyone.
- A professional DJ will utilise contracts, to safeguard both himself and you.
- Professional DJs will meet with you and help you in planning your reception.
- A professional DJ will never subcontract your event out unless he has informed you about it when the contract was being signed.
- Professional DJs always abide by your wishes and don’t just play whatever ‘they’ love hearing.
- A professional DJ never drinks alcoholic beverages while on the job.
- A professional DJ will never invite potential clients to see him performing at your event. If he is attempting to sell to other clients, then a DJ can’t give your own event 100% attention.
This list is not all-inclusive but only some of the key discriminators that should aid you in securing the services of top Melbourne DJs in Australia. This article isn’t saying that the higher the rate a DJ charges, the more expert and professional he will be.
Hire the professional Melbourne DJ services for wedding, Birthday, formal or informal events. A professional DJ does their best to create a perfect atmosphere for you and your guest and everyone remembers your special occasion.