Dubai is one of the fastest-growing economies on the planet, making it an ideal trading hub. The UAE continues to serve its imports, exports, and re-exports industry with experts and professional commercial agent in Dubai on a massive scale due to its geographical location. Import-export business is one of the most important of the several business options available in Dubai. As it is one of the highly profitable investments in Dubai, one must need to undergo various steps to get the most of its benefits.
The documentation to apply for a trading or general trade license is the first step in creating an export-import company in Dubai. Once you have been issued a trading license, you’ll require to register with the Dubai Customs office to issue your import/export license in Dubai. Furthermore, hiring a commercial agent will be advantageous for a more experienced consultation on your company’s legal & financial proceedings and help you learn about the UAE’s import and export business requirements. Let’s discuss it in more detail below.
Benefits of Starting an Import-Export Business in Dubai
- The United Arab Emirates is the least demanding spot on the planet to begin a business.
- It is undeniably positioned between the mainland of Asia, Europe, and Africa.
- Its focal area makes travel to and fro wherever on the planets simple.
- It is highly interconnected with the remainder of the world via air and marine channels. It has a fantastic time zone that allows for seamless coordination and trade with countries in the East and the West.
Essential Documents required to Obtain Import Export license in Dubai
- Options for trade names
- Commercial activity
- All stockholders’ passport copies
- Copy of the partner’s UAE residency visa(s)
- Copies of entry stamps or visa pages if the partner is on a visit visa.
- Copy of the local sponsor’s passport and Emirates ID
Additional Documents Necessary – Export Licensing
- The licensing agency must issue an approved Export Declaration Certificate or the Instructions of the Declaration of Goods Application (IDG) to the company, which is required at the airport’s customs point of entry.
- If the exported commodity is on a restricted list, the exporter must obtain permission from the regulatory agencies.
- A sales invoice needs to be issued that includes a description of the items, their quantity, and their value.
Additional Documents Necessary – Import Licensing
- Invoice addressed to the importer with a description of the total amount of goods and the value of each item.
- A Certificate of Provenance is a document that certifies the origin of goods and has been certified by the Chamber of Commerce of the nation of origin.
- Listing the packing, HS codes, and the weight of each product in a container in a document.
- If an importer brings in restricted or duty-free products, they must obtain an import permit from the relevant authorities.
Professional Commercial Agents in Dubai
Given the complexities of obtaining an import export license in Dubai or a trade license in Dubai, hiring a Commercial agent in Dubai is highly beneficial. Furthermore, seeking assistance from professionals helps you get a fresh perspective to make necessary changes to help you achieve your goals more quickly and effectively. Following are some of the benefits of partnering with a commercial agent when planning to start your imports or exports business in Dubai:
Benefits of Hiring a Commercial Agent in Dubai
- Legal formalities and licensing:
Before beginning a business in Dubai, an investor may need to complete various legal requirements such as registration and licensing. A commercial agent in Dubai can assist you in understanding the risks associated with any legal form and provide various solutions for your business establishment objectives.
- Dealings with Financial Institutions:
It’s critical to understand which banks in the country can supply the banking services your company requires. Commercial agents in Dubai may also advise you on which bank to use and what type of bank account to open for your firm to run effectively in the country.
- Expert advice on your business setup in Dubai:
A competent commercial agent in Dubai has the prior expertise and knowledge of your business industry. These partnering consultants shall help understand how other businesses operate and advise you on what it will take to outperform them.
- Cost of establishing a business:
An experienced commercial agent can provide more information on the most cost-effective ways to start a business in Dubai than you would otherwise.
- Assists in the registration process are running smoothly:
One of the most significant advantages of employing a commercial agent in Dubai is to help you start your company smoothly, keeping you entirely out of this tiring process. With years of expertise in registering businesses for clients, your consulting partner will help you start your firm quickly and with no trouble.
Explore here: Commercial Leasing Guidelines for Tenants in Dubai
In recent years, Dubai’s export/import economy has been continuously growing. However, to import and export goods, businesses must first obtain an import/export license. New investors with limited knowledge and market exposure can seek assistance from local consultancy companies such as the Corporate Trade House (CTH) to learn about the legal and financial aspects of doing business in Dubai. Your commercial agent in Dubai will then take care of each aspect of your trade licenseacquisition, company formation, choosing the proper jurisdiction, low cost and budgeting, and how to conform with the UAE’s commercial laws and regulations smoothly.
Hi I am Hend Galal and a business developer in UAE based business consultancy firm ‘The Corporate Group’. The Corporate Group is one of the best Emirati holding corporate companies in Dubai. With subsidiaries operating in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and London.