Hematuria Treatment Market, COVID – 19 Impact Analysis, Business Trends, Global Segments by Forecast 2031
Hematuria Treatment: Introduction
- Hematuria is the presence of blood in a person’s urine. There are a number of causes for blood in urine such as urinary tract infections, bladder or kidney stone, kidney infections (pyelonephritis), kidney disease, cancer, enlarged prostate, kidney injury, and kidney disease. Improvements in understanding of the physiological mechanism responsible for hematuria have led to developments in the treatment of the condition.
Request Brochure –
- Antibiotics prescribed for the treatment depend on what part of the tract is to be treated. However, developments in route of administration and different concentration of drugs enable prevention of the disease or infection to spread to cellular and molecular levels.
Key Drivers of Global Hematuria Treatment Market
- Incidence of hematuria increases with age and people above 35 years of age are more likely to develop the symptoms of hematuria. According to the International Incontinence Society, 70% to 80% of people aged 80 years experiences symptoms of an overactive bladder.
- The geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool globally, which in turn is projected to propel the global hematuria treatment market during the forecast period. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), the global geriatric population is anticipated to reach around 2 billion (22% of the global population) by 2050 as compared to 617 million in 2015.
Request COVID Analysis on Hematuria Treatment Market –
- High prevalence of diseases such as UTI and kidney stone, increase in incidence of hematuria among adults, surge in awareness, extensive research & development activities, advent of high-throughput screening (HTS) for drug discovery, and FDA approvals for drugs are the major factors driving the global hematuria treatment market. Currently, the societal cost of UTI infections, including health care costs and time missed from work, is around US$ 3.5 Bn per year in the U.S. alone.
Penicillin & Combinations to be Highly Promising Segment
- In terms of drug type, the global hematuria treatment market can be segmented into quinolones, penicillin & combinations, cephalosporin, nitrofurans, azoles, and others
- The penicillin & combinations segment accounted for significant share of the global hematuria treatment market in 2020. The segment is expected to dominate the global hematuria treatment market because it is the first line of treatment for hematuria and due to wide product availability.
Microscopic Hematuria to be Highly Attractive Segment
- Based on disease type, the global hematuria treatment market can be bifurcated into gross hematuria and microscopic hematuria
- The microscopic hematuria segment accounted for major share of the global hematuria treatment market in 2020. The segment is expected to dominate the global market due to increase in number of patients suffering from microscopic hematuria.
Request Customization on Hematuria Treatment Market Report –
Oral Products to Witness High Demand
- In terms of route of administration, the global hematuria treatment market can be segmented into oral, intravenous, and others
- The oral segment accounted for significant share of the global hematuria treatment market in 2020. The segment is expected to dominate the global market because most products are available in tablet and capsule form and it is a convenient route of administration.
Retail Pharmacies to be Most Promising Segment
- Based on distribution channel, the global hematuria treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment accounted for significant market share in 2020. It is anticipated to witness strong growth during the forecast period.
- Increase in the number of hematuria therapeutics being dispensed through retail pharmacies and growth in the number of retail pharmacies in developing countries make these pharmacies a major channel of distribution. Moreover, patients prefer retail pharmacies to purchase drugs, as these are easily accessible.
- The online pharmacies segment is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in popularity of online pharmacies for obtaining prescribed drugs and adoption of this distribution channel by customers are factors fueling the growth of the segment.
North America to Dominate Global Hematuria Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global hematuria treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to be the most attractive market for hematuria treatment during the forecast period. Early adoption of branded products, favorable medical reimbursement policies, recent FDA approvals, large number of drugs in pipeline, focus on reducing the number of undiagnosed hematuria cases, and early treatment are factors anticipated to drive the hematuria treatment market in the U.S. and Canada during the forecast period.
- Europe is projected to be the second most attractive market for hematuria treatment. The market in the region is driven by increase in demand for new therapeutics, extensive research in the field of urinary tract infection care, and geographical expansion of market players.
Pre Book Hematuria Treatment Market Report –
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global hematuria treatment market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Pfizer, Inc.
- AstraZeneca plc
- Novartis International AG.
- Johnson & Johnson
- Hoffmann La Roche Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- Cipla Ltd.
- Bristol Myers Squibb
- GlaxoSmithKline, Inc.
- Merck & Co.
- Novartis International AG
- Other prominent players
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453