Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market Growth to Remain Steady during the Forecast Period
Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market
Artificial joints are held in place by bone cement. It fills the empty area lying between the bone and the prosthetic body component, thereby acting as an elastic region. Vertebroplasty, arthroplasty, and kyphoplasty are some of the applications of bone cement. When one or more than one vertebrae becomes weak due to arthroplasty, an accident or osteoporosis, a vertebral compression fracture can develop. Such fractures could cause the vertebra to collapse into a wedge form. A vertebral compression fracture can cause back discomfort, severe mobility issues, and a hunch in the back, all of which can lead to a change in the form of a body. Such kind of fracture is likely to act as a catalyst in the growth of the global vertebroplasty bone cement market in the near future.
Request Brochure –
Vertebroplasty refers to a minimally invasive surgery used to treat compression fractures in the spine. Bone cement is injected under high pressure onto the shattered or fractured vertebrae caused by trauma, tumor, or osteoporosis. Vertebroplasty can help you feel better, move around more, and take less of pain relieving medications. The global vertebroplasty bone cement market is expected to rise due to an increase in the global elderly population as this segment of the population is prone to ailments like osteoporosis.
Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market: Introduction
- Vertebral compression fracture in the spine can occur when one or more vertebra weakens due to osteoporosis, injury, or due to a tumor. These fractures can lead to collapse of the vertebra into a wedge shape. Vertebral compression fracture can lead to severe mobility limitations, back pain, and a hunch in the back leading to changed body shape. Vertebroplasty is a minimally invasive surgical procedure for stabilizing compression fracture in the spine. Bone cement is injected using high pressure into the vertebrae, which have been cracked or broken due to osteoporosis, neoplasm, and accident. Vertebroplasty can relieve pain, increase mobility, and reduce the use of pain medication.
Request COVID Analysis on Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market –
Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market: Key Trends
- Increase in the global geriatric population fuels the growth of the global vertebroplasty bone cement market during the forecast period. According to the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs 2019, globally, the geriatric population increased to 9% in 2019 from 6% in 1990. Moreover, the geriatric population is anticipated to rise to 16% by 2050, accounting for 1 in 6 people globally. The obese and geriatric populations are more prone to orthopedic diseases.
- Increase in spinal cord injuries is projected to boost the growth of the global vertebroplasty bone cement market during the forecast period. According to the World Health Organization, 250,000 to 500,000 people suffer from spinal cord injury across the world each year. Increase in incidence of back pain is anticipated to boost the growth of the global vertebroplasty bone cement market during the forecast period. According to the American Chiropractic Association, nearly US$ 50 Bn is spent by the population of the U.S. on lower back pain every year, and the expenditure rises to over US$ 100 Bn when decreased productivity and lost wages are included.
- Presently, the world is struggling with the COVID-19 pandemic. COVID-19 leads to pneumonia, severe & acute respiratory disorders, multiple organ failure, and, in severe cases, death. The geriatric population is more prone to COVID-19. Growth of the global vertebroplasty bone cement market has been slightly hampered by the pandemic.
- Governments of developing countries are making significant investments to modernize health care infrastructure in their respective countries, which is likely to increase access to health care. This is expected to increase the demand for vertebroplasty bone cement.
Request Customization on Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market Report –
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market
- North America is projected to account for large share of the global vertebroplasty bone cement market during the forecast period owing to the presence of leading companies offering vertebroplasty bone cement, technological advancements, and increase in number of health care centers. Prevalence of spinal cord injury is rising among men and women in North America.
- The vertebroplasty bone cement market in Europe is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, led by rise in sedentary lifestyle.
- The vertebroplasty bone cement market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period due to significant increase in number of road accidents in countries such as China and India, rapid adoption of medical technologies, and surge in number of patients suffering from lower back pain and obesity. Moreover, presence of well-qualified and experienced orthopedic surgeons in hospitals, strengthening health care system, and increase in number of health care institutes are likely to boost the growth the vertebroplasty bone cement market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to be driven by increase in adoption of technologically advanced surgeries
Pre Book Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market Report –
Key Players Operating in Global Vertebroplasty Bone Cement Market
Key players hold major share in their respective regions. Growth strategies adopted by the leading players are likely to drive the global vertebroplasty bone cement market.
Major players operating in the global vertebroplasty bone cement market are:
- Medical Devices Business Services, Inc.
- Heraeus Holding
- DJO, LLC
- Zimmer Biomet
- Other prominent players
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research
90 Sate Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453