Anti-Cathepsin B Market: Introduction
Cathepsin B belongs to a family of lysosomal cysteine proteases. It plays an important role in intracellular proteolysis. In humans, Cathepsin B is encoded by the CTSB gene. Anti-Cathepsin B antibody is used to treat cancers, traumatic brain injuries, Ebola infection, and fertility issues.
Request Brochure –
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- Rise in incidence rate of cancer across the globe is a major factor driving the market. Cancer is one of the leading causes of death globally. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths each year, with 70% new cancer cases expected to be reported over the next 20 years. Rise in cancer-afflicted population is anticipated to be one of the key drivers of the market. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) report, the number of cancer patients diagnosed in the U.S. reached approximately 21 million in 2014. This number is estimated to reach 25.4 million by the end of 2024. Increase in cancer cases is driving the need for early diagnosis or profiling of cancer. This is ultimately fueling the global Anti-Cathepsin B market.
- Government funding for research in tumor or cancer treatment is another major factor boosting the market. In order to reduce mortality and morbidity rate, governments in developed and developing countries are conducting awareness campaigns to encourage people to opt for early diagnosis and treatment of cancer. This is expected to augment the market during the forecast period. In April 2016, the U.S. Government assigned US$ 5.2 Bn for the National Cancer Institute (NCI). The budget was increased by 5.3% compared to that in the previous year. The NCI conducts clinical trials on cancer patients who require repetitive diagnosis to check the prognosis of cancer. According to data published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in January 2016, variety of Cathepsin B inhibitors have been developed and investigated for the inhibition of tumor invasion to treat different cancers; however, none has been successful in demonstrating clinical evidence to treat cancers.
Request COVID Analysis on Anti-Cathepsin B Market –
- Lack of approved Cathepsin inhibitors for various pharmaceutical applications is the major factor restricting the market
Primary Antibodies Product Type Segment to Dominate Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- Based on product type, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be divided into primary antibodies, proteins & peptides, and lysates
- The primary antibodies generated maximum revenue for the market in 2019. Anti-Cathepsin B antibodies are available from several suppliers. In humans, this protein is encoded by the gene CTSB. The protein is also known as APPS, CPSB, RECEUP, APP secretase, and amyloid precursor protein secretase. These anti-Cathepsin B antibodies are used for ELISA, western blotting, flow cytometry, and other screening purposes.
Request Customization on Anti-Cathepsin B Market Report –
Traumatic Brain Injury Application Segment to Expand Significantly
- Based on application, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be divided into cancer, traumatic brain injury, Ebola infection, fertility treatment, and others
- The cancer segment dominated the global market in 2019. The segment is projected to sustain its position during the forecast period. Increase in incidence of cancer is expected to boost the segment. According to the National Institutes of Health, the rate of new cases of cancer is 442.4 per 100,000 men and women per year (based on 2013–2017 cases). As per WHO, cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, and led to around 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Globally, about one in six deaths is due to cancer.
- The traumatic brain injury segment is expected to expand at a faster CAGR during the forecast period. According to the American Association of Neurological Surgeons, around 13.5 million people in the U.S. live with a disability due to traumatic brain injury. According to the CDC, approximately 2.87 million cases of traumatic brain injury were reported in the U.S. in 2014; children accounted for more than 837,000 of these cases.
Pre Book Foot Arthrodesis Plates Market Report-
Pharmaceutical Companies End-user Segment Estimated to Dominate Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- Based on end-user, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be divided into pharmaceutical companies and academic & research institutes.
- The pharmaceutical companies segment generated the maximum revenue in 2019 owing to increase in funding and investments by various pharma companies. In July 2014, a clinical stage pharmaceutical company, Virobay, Inc., developed a platform of Cathepsin protease inhibitors for the treatment of neuropathic pain, autoimmune disease and fibrosis.
North America to Dominate Global Anti-Cathepsin B Market
- In terms of region, the global anti-Cathepsin B market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for the major share of the global anti-Cathepsin B in 2019. It was followed by Europe. Increase in prevalence of cancer or traumatic brain injury is estimated to boost the market in the region. According to the American Cancer Society, Inc., around 1.8 million new cancer cases are estimated to be diagnosed the U.S. by the end of 2020, along with 606,520 cancer deaths.
- The market in developing economies in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand at a fast-paced CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in patient population, focus of key players on providing new treatments, and increase in public & private health care spending are fueling the anti-Cathepsin B market in Asia Pacific. Awareness and adoption of novel drugs play a major role in propelling the anti-Cathepsin B market.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global anti-Cathepsin B market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Merck KGaA
- Bio-Techne, BioVision Inc.
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- BioCat GmbH
- ApexBio Technology
- Cayman Chemical
- Selleck Chemicals
- BOC Sciences
- AG Scientific
- Virobay Inc.
- Abcam Plc
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453