The significance of paramedics in the medical sector is paramount, and it is a fact that the medical sector would be crippled without them. Paramedics are the people who perform CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) or give first aid to accident victims. They are the ones who ensure that the patients are comfortable and get timely treatment. The scope of Paramedical Courses is excellent since they are job-oriented, and there is a huge growing demand for trained paramedicsworldwide.
Paramedical Courses after Class 12 provide a chance to build a career in the medical field in a very short period and within your budget. These courses can be done at any stage of your career, and many students do Paramedical Courses after Class 10.
Job opportunities for paramedics
There is a high demand for paramedics in India and foreign nations in the fast-growing medical sector.Skilled paramedics are always in demand in both government and private sectors.As a paramedic, you can work as a life support paramedic, ambulance attendant, lab assistant, radiographer, or medical assistant, to name a few job positions. Experienced paramedics eventually get promoted to management positions or may become instructors.
Sectors covered by paramedical courses
These are some of the sectors where paramedics play a huge role:
- Physiotherapy: It involves helping disabled or recuperating patients improve the natural movement of body parts and perform their regular tasks at their home or workplace. The courses available are Bachelor of Physiotherapy and a Diploma in Physiotherapy. A Physiotherapist gets anywhere between INR 15000 to INR 80000 per month
- Nursing: The role of nurses is very prominent in hospitals, and they perform various tasks, including helping doctors perform surgeries in operation theatres. They care for admitted patients and people who have undergone surgeries. They maintain patients’ records, provide dressing, first-aid, and give medicines. There are many courses for nursing, including BSc in Nursing, Diploma in Nursing care Assistant, MSc in Health Nursing, and more. Salaries are excellent but depend on whether you work for government hospitals or private hospitals
- X-ray technology: X-rays are an indispensable part of any medical treatment. These courses are very popular, with students learningabout the types of x-rays to use for different cases, how to read x-rays, and more. The courses offered are BSc in x-ray technology, Bachelor of Radiation Technology, Diploma in x-ray technology, Certificate in x-ray technician. X-ray technicians can earn up to INR 6 lakhs per year
- Medical Laboratories: Laboratory technicians play a significant role in the medical sector. They are trained to diagnose diseases by testing the samples and also learn how to readlab results. The courses offered are BSc in Medical Lab Technology, Diploma in Lab assistant, and Certificate in Lab assistant. The Diploma in Lab Technician Course Ghaziabad is a popular course opted by students. The salary for a lab technician is excellent,and you can expect to earn around INR 1.5 to 6 lakh per year
- Speech therapy: Audiologists or speech therapists assist in the treatment of patients with hearing difficulties. They treat patients who are born with speech impairments or stammering, using special equipment and technology. The popular courses are BSc in Audiology and Speech, Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech
As can be seen, opting for paramedical courses after Class 12 will be a decision that can transform your life.A paramedic’s job provides tremendous job satisfaction and enables you to fulfill your dreams of a rewarding and lucrative position in the healthcare sector. Santosh University offers the best paramedical courses after class 12 to fulfill the dreams of students.